Go Time


Abe and I have the sweetest morning ritual. I get up about 6:30, make some coffee, and we go outside. Mostly he goes around the corner to wait for the dogs but sometimes he joins me on a chair. Now that it's getting a bit cooler he doesn't always stay but wants out later. Faith doesn't usually let him out so one day he actually got on the counter and jiggled the door knob, and then he ran to me. MeMaw is the best!

We're able to see him out the bathroom window so it takes a quick peek to make sure he's there. He's still afraid of traffic noise so he rarely goes to the other side of the yard, just maybe to sniff around the patio. I'm glad he feels a little like a wild cat and gets some fresh air; although he still comes INSIDE to pee!


I'm taking a break from painting, just not feeling it. I have so many leftover crafty things so I'll be making small items just for Art Abandonment. I've got wire, beads, keychain pieces, and so much more I can cobble together. Maybe it will make me feel good about painting again. 

Tim Curry's death; that really made me sad. Many moons ago in the summer I graduated from high school, a friend of mine and I went to Seattle to visit another friend who had left a few years prior. Two small town girls heading to the big city was such an adventure. She took us to a movie theatre to watch Rocky Horror. I thought it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen, and so were the people in attendance. I could not wait to get back home, that was too much of a culture shock to me. I've seen the movie several times since and I really love it, as well as the music. So Saturday I played a lot of it and reminisced about life back then that seemed so simple, and a little weird.

We saw Tony's heart doc last Friday and he says it's go time for the valve replacement and will present his case to the heart team tomorrow. Soon after he'll get a call to schedule it. It will be the TAVR method and not open heart, so he should only have to spend one night in the hospital. 


This weekend we're going out of town for a night, to  Priest River, ID. It will be a nice break because who knows when we'll be able to get away next. There's not a whole lot to do there but we'll be going to an Alpaca farm and a restaurant built over a waterfall.

We'd like to go to Cashmere to visit family again; just don't want to make pests of ourselves. Time is just so short that I want to spend time with them because my own brothers don't seem to want to be bothered. To walk the same land my family did was very emotional to me and I want to stay in touch as much as we can. They are in full pear harvest now. If I was younger, I think it would be a lot of fun to help out. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Her Advocate

Live isn't always best

Exploding Snails