Live isn't always best

A fairly new trend by some FB business pages is go 'live' with either a Q and A, news broadcast, or just to connect with fans. I've tried to watch a few but the video quality is poor. If a FB page has a regular TV show, I would just rather watch them there.

I follow one of our news stations on FB and they started going live a few months ago. I don't know if it's the entire broadcast or just a small part of it. At first the notifications were annoying so I finally stopped them but twice a day along with their regular news updates, half of the screen is taken up by:

KXLY is now live!


I like the news team and watch them, but don't need it in stereo, and especially accompanied with a cheesy photo. It seems like news stations are in such competition that we've got it coming from all angles of social media. I would just rather watch the news on that good old fashioned thing called the Television. 

Just give me the straight news without all the mugging and trying to be hip and cool. It just doesn't look good on 40-something professionals.

Comments

Grumpy said…
That would be annoying. One more reason to be glad I gave up Facebook.
Valerie said…
I didn't like Facebook before so I certainly wouldn't like it now. Give me the telly any time.
Mr. Shife said…
Agreed. And another reason why I don't miss being on Facebook.

Popular posts from this blog

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL

Oh Shred

Merry Merry