The morning Tony was supposed to go to his pre surgery appointment, his doctor called to say surgery would have to be postponed a bit. After he was discharged from the hospital, there were so many changes to meds, including his blood thinner. They didn't catch that the one he is currently taking needs 4 days to get out of his system. The doc apologized but said it could cause significant bleeding if we continued with the original date. Nothing like gearing up and then having to slam on the brakes. So this coming Friday is the new day and at least Faith will be able to go too. We are NOT looking forward to the 5:00 a.m. check-in time!
I saw my doctor about my shoulder pain (still) and she agreed to let me try a steroid shot. If that doesn't work, then I'll have to go to sports medicine to have the tendon calcification broken down. Since I have a couple of things going on in there, it's hard to tell which should be done first. In any event, I will have to re-start my PT exercises at home again. When I told her I haven't been doing them, she gave me the 'mommy' look! I had to schedule with someone else in her office because she doesn't do them. He was super nice and explained everything. I had the shot Friday and felt better by that night and each day only gets better. I'm so stoked and happy to be pain free after 11 months! I'm going to start my PT exercises today and it should feel great to do them without pain.
Mr. Abe has been having his own issues too. Faith has been watching a spot on his lip that's been losing fur. When she looked better last week, there was this crusty line and yellow tissue below it. First she took a couple of pics to send to her boss. Try getting a cat to cooperate with that is not easy. She does want to see him but they decided to try a zoom meeting first to see if he'll cooperate. Cats with FeLV should not be stressed anymore than absolutely necessary. He didn't care for the meeting at all but the pictures were enough to figure it probably is eosinophilic granuloma, which is a skin lesion caused by an overactive immune response. They'll do antibiotics for now and see how that works.

Comments