How Wegovy Is Treating Me
I had my first jab on August 5th and am still on the lowest dose. I've heard there's no reason to move up if it's still working (plus the price goes up). So far I've lost 10 lbs, and side effects have been pretty minimal. If I'm more active, I lose more. As long as I see a little loss every week, I'm satisfied. I'm not in to be a model and it's not a race to the finish line. Simply, I'm doing it to save my life.
The premise behind any GLP-1 is that slow your digestion way down so you fill up faster and stay full. It also shuts off the cravings and food noise. There are many differences between them all too. I believe my doctor chose Wegovy is because it's approved for liver disease. Plus, not every insurance carries them all; I think there were only 3 choices for me.
I still cook the same way, mostly lo-so; but also eat about half of what I did. No snacking in between meals. If I do, it's maybe a handful of something and not the whole bag. If we go out to dinner, Tony and I share something or bring half of it home. It has really become that easy for me and totally changed the way I feel about food. The day before I'm due for a shot, I can feel the old feelings creeping in, so I know it works!
So far, no food has made me feel worse. I've heard that greasy things are not agreeable to some, and I guess I'm a little nervous to test that. I'm happy I can still have Friday night popcorn, but just less. I still have candy with it, just less. That is really my biggest splurge for the week.
Some people count calories/weigh portions but that's just not realistic to me. I eat what I want, within reason because that's how life is. If you can't enjoy food, then a diet is not going to work anyway when you've reached your goal. It's going to be a long while before I get there but I'm OK with that.

Comments