More shit

I was initially excited to be at Steve's with the cats and Riley again. After the debacle of my last stay and Riley sneaking downstairs to poop, I wasn't sure he would ask again. But alas, I decided yesterday that I won't be back. Riley didn't go out at all the day I got there, not even at bedtime. No dinner either. I brought her breakfast in bed thinking it would spurn her to get up to go out. I messaged Steve to tell him what was up, then nudged her one more time and she went out to potty. Feeling good about that, I went for a walk. No more than 20 minutes later I get back and don't see her, I look at the stairs and there she was on the landing. 


Now, you tell me how a fat dog can get through/around/over/under these heavy stools (without moving them)! Heading downstairs I could smell shit, not in the cat variety. Lotso poop in the family room, I was livid. I texted him and gave him the latest and that I would clean it up, but will not be back. I understand that she's nervous with a new sitter as well as being blind and deaf. But she's not dumb and knows exactly what she's doing. It just breaks my heart that I will probably never see these kitties again and it makes me cry. 

Since I'm having a shit weekend, I may as well just say this too. I've put my shop on hold for a month and then will close it down. It was foolish thinking to believe that someone would buy anything. I just can't afford to pay for a site, that can't pay for itself. I'm not very good at marketing; it feels like begging to me, and I don't need any pity sales. So that's that.

 

Comments

Mr. Shife said…
What an exhausting weekend—you have every right to feel frustrated and drained. Trying to manage an aging, stubborn dog with barriers that defy physics is maddening, and it's so hard having to walk away when you love the cats.

As for the shop, marketing online these days is brutal and exhausting; deciding not to pour money and energy into platform fees is completely understandable. Take some time to breathe and be gentle with yourself right now.
Grumpy said…
These days, to reach consumers you must use social media.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Gazpacho; A Little Love From The Garden