FUCKALANCH

(n.) When one tiny problem snowballs into a full blown disaster. You answer one email, now there are 12. You fix one issue, now 3 more appear. Five minutes ago it was manageable. Now it's a full fuckalanche.

This is going to be long and choppy because there's a lot to say.

Tony's pacemaker procedure went well but the breathing was still bad. We got home in the afternoon and the next day is when the fires started. I had to pick up some meds and the smoke plume looked very far away. Faith was pet sitting for her brother but since it was her birthday, she had taken a drive to a small community not far away. As she was coming back to their house (20 miles), she could see the smoke.


By afternoon, we heard so many sirens and cops were going down the street the wrong way to block an arterial only 3 houses north. I went outside and saw smoke with red undertones so I came in to tell Tony we needed to go. Although we were not technically in the evac zone we left anyway. He painstakingly made his way to the car and I got Abe crated. We just had our phones. We ended up where Faith was after many detours and delays. Abe was put into a bathroom and did pretty well as long as he had some food. We finally went home at 10 because we had no meds with us. I slept decent, Tony did not.

In the morning I asked him how he was feeling? Not good. I called an ambulance and they took him to the ER. They told me not to hurry because the place was packed. They ran so many tests and said he had components of heart failure and there was fluid around his heart. Diuretics were given and got rid of a lot of it. He finally got into a room about 5:00 pm. 

I came home about 7 and was still awake when Faith texted and said that she had to evacuate, at midnight. It was hard to pack up 2 fat cats and their food, her stuff, and things from their safe. She was crying when she got home. We set them up in the craft room in her old foster kitten playpen. They were so confused and I did hear them trying to break out a few times. Abe was pretty confused too because I swear he has never seen cats before. He just stared at them.

On to this morning; he is going to have an esophageal heart shock to get him out of Afib. It takes an anesthesiologist but so many have been evacuated themselves. Hopefully this afternoon it can be done. This is a before and after reel. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/28345692848356424


Comments

Grumpy said…
We saw the devastation on the news. Hope they get Tony’s issues sorted. Hang in there and stay safe.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails