More Yard Stuff

More things going on in the yard. I'm not sure if I've ever showed you our Gooseberry bush. When we have a rainy spring, it really looks great and produces well. There is even new growth shooting up through the middle. I'm guessing when I say this bush is 40+ years old; but could even be older. The fruit won't be ready until after the 4th of July, but that's when we start checking for ripeness. 

This is the Honeysuckle that Faith and I chopped back this past fall. It really took off and will bloom very soon, and fill in that bare spot again. These things are hard to kill! 
My first solar light was this lighthouse, standing about 2 feet tall. I loved it so much that we'd bring it in over the winter and Tony would even bring it in the house when we went on vacation so no one would steal it. It's about 20 years old now and the original light rusted out so I had put a single string of solar fairy lights around the top. The colors were so faded and those lights went out too, so Faith and I decided to paint it. With us working together, it only took a few hours and then I sprayed it well with a sealant. A new set of fairy lights now adorns the top and it looks brand new and sits in our front yard. 
To give you an idea how nutty I am about solar lights; I put up more in the backyard on Saturday which brings the total to about 35 different types. The side of the house has a string of mushrooms taped to the window, so they're up year round under the awning. There's not a lot in the front, just 5 lights in the rock garden, the lighthouse, and a few under the front window. Oh, and 3 more in the kitchen window year round.

Happy 4th Birthday to our Tiny Abe! He loves to sleep in strange places and stares adoringly at his cat food spoon.

And now I'll end this post with this little gem. Mild obstructive sleep apnea. I'm only a few nights in with therapy, so still trying to get used to it. There's so much to learn, about everything....



Comments

Grumpy said…
Happy Birthday, Abe.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails