Missed This Place


This past weekend I was at Dixie's house. We've decided it's best for me to be there, rather her at our house. I'd much rather pick up poop off their deck than in our house. Although she does have a doggy door, it's a long walk to the lawn. Poor old girl is 17 now and her back legs give out often. She can't hear and sight is limited other than large forms; so I guess she can see me! If she's awake, she likes to follow me around the house. 

I opted to sleep in the master bedroom because that's where she sleeps. I've peeked in the room before but not actually been in it. Oh My Lord! I had forgotten how big this place was. The walk in shower is the size of our entire bathroom. The bathroom is bigger than our kitchen. Their bedroom is larger than our living/dining room combined. King sized bed with a Saatva mattress. It wasn't super comfy for me but the massage settings are divine. I felt like I was in Hollywood. 

Both mornings I sat on the deck for coffee and listened to the multitude of birds. I could hear a rooster in the distance and even saw a goose fly over. Luckily I will be staying 2 more times this summer and will ask if I can use the pool.

While I was there, Faith was sitting for a friend of hers. They have one dog and 3 cats. She had booked it before going back to work, so she was allowed the time off. When we're both gone, we like to video calls. I was messing around with the filters and I explained to Tony how to do it. He found this lovely turban towel and then couldn't get it off. Mr. Comic Relief.

Exciting yard news! This Giant Feather Grass was only about 18 inches tall last summer (top right). This year, it actually sent up plumes and the top of them come to about my nose. That's a big growth in a year. The tops are so delicate and they really move around in a breeze. I can't believe I grew this from a seed.



Comments

Grumpy said…
You certainly have a green thumb. You could do landscape architecture.
kden said…
Thanks Grumpy; I'm not sure about that, but most of the time I enjoy it.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails