On Friday we took a drive to Hawk Creek Falls; about an hour-and-a-half from home. It feeds from the Columbia River. It's not a huge falls and we couldn't get out to the middle of the water to take pictures but it was still pretty and basically at the end of a parking lot.
We had lunch, then walked around a bit. There is a small campground which only has 20 spots available, but it looks very peaceful and quiet. If you don't fish though, there's not a lot to do and the water was too low to even get boats in. A kayak is your best bet.
Because Faith and I always want to get closer to take pics, we had to get down a tiny rocky hill. We left our walking sticks at home which was a big mistake. Faith went first, and I was behind her and started to take on speed. She held her hand up to stop me but ended up pushing me into a bush. When she looked up, she had her hand firmly on my boob, ha. Whatever works I guess.
We saw so many wild Golden Currents. Since we have one of our own, they're so easy to spot. We also saw hundreds of Mock Orange trees. Big giants that smelled wonderful and were full of butterflies.
There was a dock that Faith and I wanted to use to get down to the river bed because the water was so far out. It was higher than we thought so decided to go beside it. She stayed on the dock and I took a step and Tony yells out 'be careful'. Well duh, it's not my intention to NOT be careful but then my feet had other ideas. It was only a small incline but I started falling forward and felt the only was to survive was to run. Thankfully no video, but I was flapping my hands and saying 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!'
By the time I stopped, we were all laughing so hard, that I peed my pants (of course). My hand also hurt and Faith said, 'from flapping?' She joined me and we took a few more pics then headed back to the car, exhausted.
It was 3:30 when we got home and all of us had to rest. It was the most we have laughed in a very long time! Looking forward to more of that.
Saturday Faith made me a scratch German Chocolate cake for my birthday which was Thursday. Thursday actually sucked but the rest of the weekend made up for it; especially since Dumps birthday parade was overpowered by over 12 million protesters around the world!!
Comments