New Pet
You've heard of the cat distribution system bringing cats and people together? How about a Lady Bug distribution system? Sometime in October a lady bug got into our house, which is not uncommon. We usually just take them back outside to live out their life, but not this late in the year. When she (I'm assuming) arrived, she had no spots.
She just hung out on the window in our kitchen and Abe spotted her one day. He batted her around and she fell in the sink but we set her back up on the sill. She'd come and go throughout the day and Tony named her Waldo.
One day she disappeared for a couple of weeks and we were worried about her. On New Year's Day, she appeared again, but with full spots on her back! I thought she might be hungry and being short on aphids, I put a little chunk of apple right beside her. She actually went over to it and crawled all over it for a whole day, I assume eating.
After the apple dried up, I cut a grape in half and set her on it. She did not like the grape at all, and literally ran away. She returned last night though and I set out another apple piece just in case. I'm so curious where she goes but I'm glad she comes back to the window.
Faith found an article that said if you have one inside, they like moisture and will die if your house is too dry. I tried to talk her into letting Waldo live in one of her miniature creations and we could keep some moisture in there but she wasn't too willing, ha.
It's been really fun everyday saying "Where's Waldo?" I hope she makes it till spring so we can let her back outside.

Comments