Art Space
I've been wanting to set up my little art space downstairs for quite awhile now but the family room was still full of stuff. Our entire bedroom set that was moved down there after we got Mom's set. That was almost 4 years ago! It was going to be Faith's when she moved, but I just wanted it gone.
I tried to sell it on Marketplace and even lowered the price to 100 bucks; but not one inquiry. Then I tried to give it away on Nextdoor, not one inquiry. Finally I went to Craigslist, which was my last choice, and the inquiries rolled in. A couple who was moving that day and had a truck ready, was able to be here in a few hours. They were so grateful saying they were just starting over...again. It made me feel so good that it went to a good home and I don't even care that I didn't make a dime.
Faith and I spent the next few hours moving things around and vacuuming. My mom had a nice console table that we didn't have room for upstairs. I covered it well and it's perfect for painting on. Faith set up a card table for herself when she has time to work on things. I wish I had taken a before picture but it was quite embarrassing.
Even Abe likes hanging out with us and as long as he's not too crazy, he can stay.
I love working in my cozy little spot. I've bought some matted frames from thrift stores and am working on filling them to hang downstairs. This is the first one I felt was frame worthy.
I believe that being down in my little corner of the basement is the only thing that will keep me sane and happy for the next 4 years.



Comments