Strange Times

The last couple weeks have been strange. I was supposed to go to Steve's on Christmas Eve day but their flight was cancelled like thousands of others. But their flight was cancelled because their pilot didn't show up. At least it wasn't a cruise trip because they would have missed out on that too, but still they couldn't do what was planned so I had extra time at home. I really enjoyed it but it just had me feeling out of sorts. I didn't even know what to cook for dinner because I had only made plans for myself for 10 days. They did finally get away for the New Year weekend and I'll be home tonight.

Dixie is at our house for a week and she has grown so attached to me, that she breaks down the baby gate to the basement so she can sleep with me. Abe is feeling very displaced because Faith only lets him sleep with her on weekends so he had started sleeping with me. But when I was gone they both slept with her and it was a couple of fun nights.

Let's talk about the weather. I'm not going to complain much though because it was so much worse everywhere else. We hired a couple to do the bulk of the shoveling for us. It's the first time we've ever had to do that and as much as I didn't enjoy putting out the money, I was happy to not have to do the heavy, wet, snow lifting.  That's probably how it's going to be from now on. Our snow came before the trees had dropped all their leaves, but now with warming temps and wind, they're blowing everywhere. So are we supposed to rake or shovel this?

I'm growing increasingly overwhelmed with my lack of vision when going into large stores. I can't see the signs in the aisles and if they move things around every other week, it's very frustrating to find them. I don't have a choice but to drive. Most places I have memorized, but new destinations I'm reliant on gps. Three more weeks!

A few months ago I saw some of my FB memories and looking at the comments, they seemed scattered. I realized that none of Mom's comments were there because I remember the conversations. I went to her page and saw that her account had been deleted. My older brother didn't do it and he and I were the only ones to be able to get into it. It was time but quite a shock because I would have liked to go take a look around again and maybe take some of the pictures if I had known it was going to happen. Now I will never see any of her witty comments again (over 10 years worth); makes me really sad. 


Comments

Mr. Shife said…
Hang in there for 3 more weeks. We have leaves everywhere down here as well. Such a strange winter but definitely didn't get it as bad as others. Take care and Happy New Year.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails