From Poop To Puke
Last weekend I stayed with the last of the new clients I had booked several months ago.
Winnie, a Pitbull mix is the youngest of the group at 6 years old. She's very excitable and jumped on me constantly during the meet and greet and also when I picked up the key. I was told she loved to play ball in the back yard, but was more interested in the imaginary squirrel in the back corner and it was all muddy out anyway so that never happened. She did settle though and was mostly a couch potato with a sweet personality.
Comet (white dog) is an 8 year old Poodle Mix. He lived his first 2 years in the woods with a pack of small dogs; I can't even imagine. He's shy but warmed up quickly, I liked him a lot.
Sprocket (black dog) is a 7 year old Maltese, Yorkie, and mix. He has pancreatitis which usually doesn't cause any problems but it sure did this weekend. He is also very needy and gets growly towards the others. He was probably my least favorite. He must have gotten into something outside because he puked 6 times during Saturday morning. It was so gross and he tried to eat it as fast as it came up. It was a battle to get to it before he did. He got the carpet twice and a pillow on the couch. I rinsed it off the best I could but it STANK! His mom told me to give him some special canned food with a probiotic for dinner and the next morning. I took him and Comet for a walk and he had diarrhea which made him more stinky.....
All three of them sleep with the owners which I didn't want to do at first, but just figured it would be easier. My bedroom was upstairs and the first night wasn't bad but I didn't sleep well the second night. Winnie stays in her spot at the bottom opposite corner. Comet sleeps very close but you can move him around if it's too crowded. Sprocket likes to sleep even closer, either on your head or under the covers. He does NOT like to be moved and will growl when you touch him.
The house was built in 1906 with most of it having been remodeled. I was comfortable in the bedroom but the bathroom was kind of odd; or I should say the shower. The bathroom is large but has a vaulted ceiling and the tub sits right under it. They put in a handheld shower but there's no room to attach it high enough. Showers were interesting, but doable. If one thing I've learned from these years of sitting, it's to be adaptable and make do with whatcha got!
It's debatable if I would stay again. Usually after some time has passed, I forget how bad it was and it takes a second time to confirm or deny my first impression, ha.

Comments