Just OK
Our weekend to Loon Lake was just OK; without a lake house or a boat there isn't anything to do. It was hot and the AC in the room wasn't working very well. Finally Saturday I asked for a fan and the owner came over to take a look and got it working correctly. I am VERY cranky when I'm hot.
Saturday morning we went to the Little Pend Oreille Natural Wildlife Refuge. You can only drive in so far and then have to walk. We had to stick to the main road because of Tony and didn't see anything exciting at all. If we had kept walking further up the road, we would have run into Kaniksu Ranch, a nudist resort that's been in operation since 1939. That could have been interesting!
The weekend got a rough start because last Wednesday my cell phone rang from a caller in Kalispell, Mt. I don't normally answer a call that I don't know, but I did. She said she was calling from a probate attorney's office regarding the death of our friend in Whitefish. I calmy gave her our address as they didn't have it. She said Scott died in March and I just couldn't believe it. I said we had no idea and asked if she knew how he died but she didn't.
I texted him last at Christmas and he said he wished we could come and visit because he had to tell us something. He said he would call in a week or two but he never did. I should have texted at Valentine's day like I normally do. We are heartbroken. We'll never hear his hearty laugh again or feel his bear hugs. No more getting our money's worth at buffets or swimming at the motel pool. Even though we only texted a few times a year, we knew he was there. I know he has a different vantage point now but we can still look at the same moon and know we are thinking of each other. I will miss him more than I could ever explain.
I have searched to no avail to find a death notice or obituary. In searching I did find that he's buried in Lewiston, Idaho with his mom and step-dad so I think in the fall we'll take a drive to find it. It's the best we can do to visit our friend for one last time.
.jpg)

Comments