Singles, Doubles, and a Rabbit

 Since I stayed with Luka, we've sat all regulars whether at home or away. 


Dixie stayed with us for 5 nights. She's one that we could go either way, depending on our availability. I finally suggested to her owner that she talk to her vet about Proin, which may help her incontinence. We cover chairs with towels but her bed always gets the worst of it. She does have diapers for nighttime but always wiggles out of them; I don't blame her. 



After she left, Charlie and Angel came the next day to spend the 4th with us. Angel is now 15 and still nervous and shaky when she's here. They are always attached to the hip which is so cute. Since Charlie is younger, he's more willing to play with Abe. Angel is not shy about treats though, always the first in line.





While Angel and Charlie were at home, I was at Steve's with Oli and Max. This is a very short trip for them, only 5 nights. They have long trips scheduled for Oct, Nov, and Dec. I will be at their house for almost the last 3 months of the year and not be home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's! I do wish I could make more for their stays. Twenty-Five bucks a night is a little hard to swallow because I could be somewhere else and at least get holiday pay. But they've been regulars for a long time and so I block these time frames for him. We're getting along very well now and I don't want to mess that up.


Before Dixie came, my older brother and his wife brought their new puppy over (Shih Tzu). She's maybe only 6 months old and has oodles of energy. Abe was a little freaked out by this whirling dervish, but they finally started playing. Sometimes he just picks the lazy way and lies down to play, ha. They have not been to our house since Faith graduated college and I haven't seen them since Mom's service a year ago.




We've got new and repeat jobs coming up and Faith did her first solo night away for a dog this past weekend. Magneto has been at our house a few times and her Mom was disappointed that we don't sit at home anymore, but it worked out well. 

This is a new guy that only stayed a few minutes. First a skunk in the backyard and then a Jackrabbit in the front! I have never seen one in my life until now, and can't even imagine where he would have come from.





Comments

Grumpy said…
Even the jackrabbit couldn't stand living in Texas any longer.
kden said…
Good one Grumpy!
Mr. Shife said…
You have been busy with the pets, kden. Love the jackrabbit photo. Makes me miss my bunnies.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails