Two dogs and 12 cats

I sat for Smokey recently, an 8 y/o Keeshond. I've never met the breed before so that was cool plus they live very close to me; another bonus.

He's got lots of energy for an 8 year old and loves to go on walks. She said I didn't have to walk him but he really needs it. He's not the best walker though; weaving and bursts of pulling so I really had to stay on my toes so he didn't pull me over. Also, he barks at other dogs and I just couldn't find a route without them. I would never have a dog with long fur like that because it collects everything. Her yard is very weedy so he brings it all in the house. There was so much stuff stuck in his fur just after one day and when I tried to brush him, he ran away. She's one dedicated mom for sure to be able to deal with that.

Her house is old and small and that's fine; I'm not a snob. But the lack of cleanliness really turns my gears. She's a 30 something woman which I assume could at least clean a bit before someone comes to stay. The bathroom looked like it hasn't been cleaned in 6 months, just so gross. I cleaned the stove top before/after I used it and gave the counters a small pass before I left. People say their house always looks so nice and clean when I leave but I really just leave them as I find them. But if your house is dirty, I am not there to clean it! I am grateful the sheets were clean and it was only 3 nights. Hopefully I will be busy if she has to travel again.

The last two days of his stay, I started a week of drop-ins for Zero and Tama again. Such a long drive, but at least the payout was better. The owner wanted me to brush the old girl but she said otherwise. They set their A/C to 77 and it was so hot in there (95 out), Zero didn't even want to play.


After a day-and-a-half break I went to stay at Julie's with the 4 cats for a week, the longest stay I've ever done for her. She also had a mama cat and a litter of 5 outside. The mama cat, still a baby herself belongs to a neighbor who doesn't believe in spay/neutering so the poor mama came over to Julie's and had them under her deck. She's now fostering them so they can be adopted soon. Oh my, they are so cute, looking just like their mom.



Almost at the end of this stay I already had one night booked with Romeo, so Julie made arrangements for her mom to feed the cats while I was gone. 

He's only 2 and has never had anyone take care of him except his moms. He was pretty low key for most of the day but came around slowly. We walked the next morning; he starts fast but mellows out. I'll be back for one night in October and a week next year.


Before all of these stays and drop-ins began I was really stressing on how I was going to pull it off. I always do though somehow. I'm tired, but I made it! Now I get to spend 3 days at home, whoo hoo!




Comments

Mr. Shife said…
Wow, you were busy indeed, kden. Enjoy your time at home and the last doggo reminds me a little bit of Rocky.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails