The Art House
There's this area of town called Corbin Park; which is only one of five historical districts in Spokane. It was the first fairgrounds in town, along with an oval racetrack. Now it's a park with many of the original homes around it still proudly standing. We sometimes drive there just to walk around it as it's almost a mile in distance.
I had seen a news story about one of the homes there for sale and the history within. The most recent owner's husband was an artist. He made things mostly for fun and gave a lot of this creations away to neighbors and friends. But what he did to the inside is what's amazing. He literally filled every room with his art, adhering it to the walls. After it was listed for sale it got attention of Zillow Gone Wild, which is a social media site showcasing the most unusual houses. They had an open house in March which drew a lot of attention and the house sold very quickly. An estate sale took place at the end of April and I knew I had to go.
The owner wasn't a famous artist but I still wanted something. I hit the outside area first because I wanted something for the yard and found something right away. Since it was the second day of the sale everything was half off which I didn't know until I paid, or I would have gotten more.
Considering how the inside looks, my piece looks pretty tame. It's funky and I love it. Later I noticed that around the bird has the word Faith; it was meant to be.
I'm so glad I got to go, it was like the coolest free museum. It's not a place I could live but for a short time it was the best sensory overload I've ever had!










Comments