Three Meows and a Fat Chihuahua

Can you tell that I'm running out of good titles? On Thursday, we got a new dog and then I left for 4 nights to take care of 3 cats. 

I have been with this family before, but it's been a long time. They originally had two dogs and one old cat. Then they got ornery cat Jack that terrorized (still does) the old one, Charlotte. The last time I was there, one of the dogs just had surgery for a torn acl and it was not a good time at all. She had asked me last fall if I could stay, plus they added another cat. I just wasn't up to it so told her I couldn't.  

Now the owner has moved and no longer has the dogs which is the only reason I agreed to do it. Charlotte is now 17 and still sleeps in the laundry room to stay safe from the others. She's having some kidney issues so usually pees on her blankets which requires daily laundry. Jack has calmed down a lot and Santino is shy but he lets me look at him...from a distance.

It hasn't been a bad stay, mostly because of the lack of dogs. I'll be staying two nights over this weekend too. Here we have Santino, Charlotte, and Jack.



Maggie is a 3 year old Chihuahua. She's not really that big but I'm sure a vet would say she's overweight. She loves walks and playing with toys. She was rescued from a puppy mill where she had her first puppies at 10 months of age; that's so wrong! Her parents are older and very nice so she's in a good home now. 

I went home two days in a row to spend some time with her; and Abe too. Abe's gained another 1/4 lb. and this is why I can't get anything done during the day.





Comments

Pretty kitties (and dog!)
:-)
Mr. Shife said…
Good to hear that Abe is trending in the right direction. Take care and have a great rest of your week.
Grumpy said…
Adopt Abe! He fits nicely.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails