Schtick #2

I think I found this stick with the longer one at the lake. I'm not sure what kind it is but the wood is hard and heavy. I'm calling it an experiment because that's what you do with something you're not crazy about. There is no uniformity at all in colors or design. I even bought a pyrography kit (fancy word for wood burning), to add another dimension. It's not good for hard, bumpy wood at all, hence more experimenting.

After it was finished I coated it with Minwax rather than my usual protectant. It really brought out the beauty of the wood and I now have it hanging on a tree branch in the front yard. Mom and I used to swap our experiments but now I guess I'll have to keep it. If it gets stolen I won't be totally unhappy about it.





The stick I'm currently working on is much better and hopefully will be done soon. It seems like the more time I have, the less time I have. I don't understand how that works at all!

Comments

Grumpy said…
Very cool. If I were closer I would steal it.
kden said…
Grumpy, if you lived closer I would give it to you.
Mr. Shife said…
I might have to order a stick from you before too long, kden. Hope all is well.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails