Where Did I Go?
Faith and I use the Life 360 tracking app so we know where each other is. I like to know when she's arrived at her destinations and visa versa. One morning I picked her up so we could go grocery shopping and she asked if I had gone anywhere about 4 am. She showed me the map and it appears that I crossed through an old creek bed on the edge of my mom's lot, down the street and back again in about 15 minutes. It really cracked me up and mystified me at the same time.
A few days later she sent me this map and said that I apparently took another trip. I was clearly in my Mom's kitchen making dinner but the app said I crossed the street through her neighbor's yard, went down a hill and across a road and onto someone's property. Then I dashed back up again, all in about the same time frame as before.
Sometimes when Faith is at the clinic and moving around, it will tell me that she has left and arrived in a matter of minutes but this is the first time I've ever been on trips without my knowledge. Maybe I did some astral traveling and my soul took my phone with it, lol. It's weird that it only happens at my mom's too. Am I subconsciously trying to run away from responsibility?
A few days later it happened again while Mom and I were probably watching TV; doing the same route as the 2nd time. It is pretty funny though and gives me something to laugh about, which I sorely need these days.
It's been a crazy week with Mom. She's always had anxiety but her attacks have been almost daily. It's usually an hour before bed. She doesn't know why it happens, but it delays her going to bed because she's scared. She realizes it doesn't make sense but can't help it. If affects her breathing and she has to use her inhaler. She's never called it anxiety, not wanting to admit it I guess, but finally we convinced her to call her doctor. She started a new medication for it and then had to double it which makes her feel sick and lose her appetite. Then he added a sleeping pill which scared her more. I told her that if I was a night owl I wouldn't mind staying up with her but I'm an old lady and need my sleep! That snapped her out of it a bit.
My poor sister-in-law is exhausted and finally asked my brother to take her place for two nights. Oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the night!! We're trying to get her lined up with counseling but just can't find the right channel. Her visiting nurses, PT, and OT have been really super and very supportive. My younger brother will come to stay with her for 2 nights soon which will give me a bit of a break too.
The future is still unknown as to whether she can live alone but if I get too stressed I can always take a 'trip'.


Comments