Head And Feet

Although my dentist did a great job with all of my crowns, etc. I just didn't like him very much. I always felt a tenseness in the air every time I was there. He would push treatments I wasn't ready for and argued with me. He was also snappy at his assistants in my presence. I had an appointment in April that I happily cancelled. I figured that would be a great time to look for another one. There is one just 3 blocks from my house and I'm able to walk there. In July I had my first appointment and liked him a lot. About a month ago I got his lump on my gum that just wasn't going away. It didn't hurt which was strange, especially when x-rays showed an infection in the roots of a crowned tooth. He said it would need a root canal......but he doesn't do them on molars because they're more complicated so he referred me to an Endodontist. They were hella expensive so I found another dentist close by who could do it on Tuesday. 

He took an x-ray, confirmed it needed a root canal and was able to do it then. They don't use gas so I just had to tough it out. It wasn't bad but pain sure set in later and into the next couple of days. At least now I have a couple of dental options and like them both so I'm happy I made the switch.


Sometimes I feel like I have the hardest time finding shoes that are comfortable but supportive. The past 6 months I have ordered 4 pairs of shoes with limited success, and am quite obsessed with finding that perfect shoe. I am a supinator which means my foot strike is more on the outsides of my feet. It's more noticeable since I've gotten older because if my feet don't feel stable I roll my ankle, especially on my lumpy lawn. I used to wear Propet Stability walker but gave them up. Just recently I tried again, but they are the most uncomfortable of them all. Faith wears New Balance for her pronation so I did some research and found one recommended for my problem. They were pretty decent for about 4 months, then they started turning down. I cut foot liners in half and put them on the outer edges inside my shoe. I can do that for awhile but not long term. 

They were kind of spendy so I bought 2 different styles of New Balance because they should all be alike right? Haha, no they are not. One pair started turning down in a few weeks and it's so frustrating. My next step was to add one word to my search, "overweight", as in 'best shoes for overweight supinator's.' I'm no dummy and realize that my weight probably plays a big part in my shoe problem but still I gotz to have shoes! I found another New Balance style which offered promise so I ordered them. It's only been about a week but soon I will be either frustrated in a few weeks or happy as heck in a few months if they hold up.

Mom went home Friday. I'll let you know if we're getting on each other's nerves yet :)

Comments

Have a good week! I can't even read
about dentists... that said I have
an appt. tomorrow. :-)
Grumpy said…
Don't want to talk about dentists, ever. Find the shoe store in town where all the runners go. The staff in a true runner's shop usually know a lot about different foot problems and the shoes that will help.
Anonymous said…
I'm the exception; we love our dentist. Seeing him is like visiting a friend you only get to see a couple times a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails