Randomness
I was going to mow my Mom's lawn last month and went up on the porch to get the cord. I turned around and Mr. Deer wanted to check out the mower. She lives right on the edge of a gully in a senior mobile home park and it's very common to have them wander through. It's pretty cool to be outside and watch them. I take apples out occasionally and throw them around for them (and the squirrels) to find.
I decorated my window up for the fall. It's mostly covered on top so things won't get too wet. The stems in middle are solar lights (blue) and are so pretty at night. It's like having another room to decorate, ha.
One of my latest rocks, a 5x5 beach rock picked up several years ago in La Push, Wa (of Twilight fame). That's what I've made all of my rock towers from and wish I had more loose ones to paint on. They are stuck together very well and I can't bear to take them apart.
Also, a hippie ghost
Now for a Mommy update. She is doing much better, walking around the room and recently walked 55 steps in the hall. She tried steps but could only do 2; just still too painful. They're also working on some upper body strength, of which she is sorely lacking. One of the facilities' social worker told me they recommended to her insurance company that she stay another 2-3 weeks; that was great news to hear. The very next morning they called again and said that her insurance company rejected that and she was to be discharged yesterday! After a lengthy talk with her and Mom, we all decided to have her stay one more week (or two) and pay for it herself. We have to get the house ready but don't know at this point what will be needed. It all depends on where she's at physically. The hardest part will be getting her in the house and we're currently looking at portable ramps. Everyday is different which has kept me hoppin'.
My guilty pleasure: The Bravo show, Below Deck. I know it's been on for years but I was never interested because I figured it was all about sex and drinking. Well guess what? It is! It's also about yachting and snobby, drunk, guests. My Mom had me watch one show at her house and that's all it took to get me hooked. It's full of drama and I love it!




Comments
Good luck with your mom.
xoxo :-)