Look What I Gotz!

I'm still sleeping in our basement and love the cooler atmosphere but I miss not being able to have an open window. I've been wanting to have an egress window put in for awhile so we finally took the plunge. We had a great company come out and two young lads worked in 90 degree temps for 8 hours to get the job done. They allowed me to pop in now and then to take a picture; this is kind of an abbreviated version.









I felt pretty guilty just sitting around watching people work as we've been doing so much around here by ourselves. I really really really love it! I chose a painted interior of the window well instead of the old fashioned silver or white and I've put some of my rock totems down on the bottom so I have something nice to look at. I've ordered curtains because it's a bit too much early morning light for me. I got them up already and they work great.

This girl in the window well turned 25 on Saturday. Ye Gads, how did that happen? We had some pasta for dinner and cake with home made ice cream for desert. 


So it's been a good week and I love my new window....and the kid in it!

Comments

Glad you were able to get that done.
smart planning.
Love the picture of 'the kid' :-)
Grumpy said…
Couldn't that also be used for ingress by someone you don't want coming in?

The kid has tats now. Very cool.
kden said…
Grumpy, she got that tattoo 5 years ago, a few weeks before mine. Thanks for that bright happy thought of someone sneaking in while I sleep :) There is a latch on the inside and we have our Ring camera. The window is the most valuable thing in this house, so they would be sorely disappointed once they got in.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails