Time Marches On
We did have a returning dog for one night last week. It felt weird but good at the same time. Her first visit was at the beginning of March and I didn't even get a chance to write about her. Lady was a lot more playful and fun this time but also a little more mischievous. She likes to play with balls but she got fixated on this tiny piece of driftwood that we use for a doorstop to our bedroom. It fits perfect under the door. She just HAD to take it out and use it for a chew toy. Even though she doesn't play with stuffed toys, she found a dog toy stash in the closet and kept going in there to find something new to NOT play with. She kept us quite entertained and it was nice taking a nap with a little doggo on my lap.
What's new with the yard reno you ask? I know you did; I heard you. Our mail order spring plants still have not arrived for the shady part of the yard. We did venture out a few times-masked up-to local nurseries to find things for the other side. All along Faith wanted some Salvia. We've never had any but she did research on them and since our Coneflower didn't make it, we bought several in different colors and sizes. I guess they can get quite big which will be nice to create a border of sorts.
![]() |
| Sm. Salvia to make a border and not obscure what will go in behind them |
![]() |
| Lg Salvia with a placeholder for one ordered by mail |
Also, our border/edging was delivered. I didn't see this particular type when I was looking last year but it was just what I was looking for. Vigoro brand, made from recycled tires and comes in 5 colors (we chose red). The sections are 4 feet long and come 6 to a box. They're pretty flexible and highly rated. You connect the ends pretty easily and then spike the sections down. We put them down backwards on purpose because it just looked better along the sidewalk. Most people place them along a garden/grass but since we have a garden/sidewalk it will help keep the dirt back. Faith and I did it ourselves but Tony re-drilled the spike holes because some weren't even done and it slowed us down a lot.
We bought another Ring spotlight camera to put in the front yard. I had to move it 4 times to get the angle right so it wouldn't pick up the traffic on the street. All I was getting alerts about were city buses, garbage trucks and big trucks...all night long. The updated app doesn't let you set your distance; it's a standard 30 feet which forces you be creative. I'm still not thrilled about the placement but it's better than no camera at all.
Still a boring update; just more of it :-)






Comments
the yard project take shape.
take care xoxo :-)