Stressed To The Max

I really wasn't sure what I wanted to write about this week but the Virus would not have been my first choice. So far Spokane does not have any confirmed cases, but it will in time. Oops, spoke too soon. My hands are raw from washing. I used to rub my eyes constantly due to allergies, but no more. I have to be extra diligent with cleanliness at my Mom's.

My pet sitting business is suffering because of it. Trips are cancelled so no one needs my services. We had Chico over the weekend but don't have anything booked until mid next month and then the end of the month. I don't have high hopes that they won't be cancelled too.

There is not one section of business, or any person that won't suffer through this in some capacity. Large companies won't be as hurt as the little guy. They can just raise prices and pass that along to the little guy. The little guy has nowhere to go for help.

I know it won't last forever and things will get better. People will once again be ready to take those trips and need a pet sitter. In the meantime we're just trying to keep busy. Tony and I did a little yard work by cutting back all the winter dead stuff, then this happened two days later.


So inside we sit. Faith and I paint, Tony watches TV and naps. I get out a little to do normal shopping (no hoarding), banking, and picking up meds. I also had to get a much needed haircut; virus be dammed, I looked like a shaggy dog.

Chico was my saving grace, he's just happy about everything. He likes my lap the best and doesn't want to compete with my laptop. If he can get on my lap with the computer, he just stands on my chest and keeps booping me in the nose until I put it down. Then he will settle in and knows how to find the warmest spots, ha.


I'm hoping for some yard news next week. The weather is supposed to do an about face and shape up nicely for what we have planned. Keeping fingers crossed!

Here's a little humor to end this post. Stay healthy my friends.


Comments

DH got half way thru the roses and
then the snow arrived.
We have one patient from outside our
county they brought in to our hospital,
Stay well!
Valerie said…
I so dislike what we are all going through. I live alone but I don't like not being able to go out and say Hi to people because the damned virus might bite.
Grumpy said…
I say this with the deepest respect, Stay Home! Find a grocery where you can shop online and pick up. You don't need a haircut bad enough to risk your life. The only way this stops is if we drastically reduce person to person contact.
kden said…
I understand Grumpy. The shop where I get my hc had about 7 people there, any more and I would have left. I check in online so no waiting upon arrival; in/out in 15 minutes. All shops closed the next day. I also shop early in the morning to avoid the crowds. Stores are struggling with inventory to offer pick up/delivery. I'm very cautious every where I go; doing the best with what I got :)
Mr. Shife said…
I think it would push me over the edge right now if we got that much snow. We got a bunch of confirmed cases in town today and it's going to get pretty crazy around here I imagine. Stay safe and take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails