No Doggos To Love

All of our sitting jobs have been cancelled through April and most of May. A few people rescheduled but my upcoming paydays are looking very bleak.

With no dogs to talk about I guess I'll just show you some pictures. This is the African mask my Mom made with corrugated cardboard. She made a template for all the pieces, then cut them out. That was the hard part because the cardboard was thick, so I helped a little. Then she painted the pieces and finally glued them together. I think it looks pretty cool but I'm pretty sure it will be the last thing she makes with cardboard.


I'm trying some different paintings. I copied this one from an artist I follow on Instagram. I shared it to her page and she was flattered. I just loved it and and actually sold it on FB Marketplace. It wasn't my intention, I was just listing some things around the house and that was the first to go.

Mine

Hers
This one is another hot glue piece; inspired by Pinterest. I sketched the elephant then went over it with hot glue. Painted it all silver, then used thinned down paint so it would look like watercolor. I've got it up for sale too.

9x12
A month ago I ordered a birdbath for the front yard. I really wanted a cement one but they are very expensive so got this instead. I'm really excited to be able to set up our Graden Birdbath real soon!


And here, Snapchat reminds us that you can wear a mask and still look cute.




Comments

Fun! to see the artwork!
Grumpy said…
I would think the lost companionship of the dogs is almost as bad as the lost income.
kden said…
True Grumpy. It's been hard on all the sitters. Even those that have their own dogs; they have been missing their playmates. Those that offer dog walking are still working but I don't offer that service. I never thought I would really miss a little dog on my lap :(
Sherry Sikstrom said…
sending hugs from Henry! No dogs would be so hard
Mr. Shife said…
Sorry about the lack of doggos. I hope for everyone's sake we are closer to normal sooner than later but it's still too soon to tell. I think the best outcome for me going back to the office right now is June. Hang in there. I enjoyed the artwork. You are extremely talented and I enjoy looking at the rocks you sent me every day.
Anonymous said…
I love the artwork - I think I actually liked yours better than the other lady's. I'm so sorry for the lack of dogs; I can't imagine what our days would be like without ours! Hang in there....stay healthy.
Valerie said…
Your artwork is fabulous, don't ever stop being a true artist.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails