Typical Week

The last few weeks have been easy peasy because we had Chico with us. The time went by so quickly as he's a joy and it doesn't seem like work. The weather was decent enough that we could take walks almost every day. One day we ventured out to Pet Smart to stock up on dog treats. The little buggar barked at other dogs and people that would walk by. Of course the store was busy as a training class was beginning to start. Faith and I quickly grabbed the treats and I had her take the naughty boy back out to the car because he took offense to a much bigger dog getting in his face. It wasn't the outing I was looking forward to and we definitely wouldn't do it again. But at the end of the day when he's all cuddled up in my lap, it's all worth it.


We met this girl Magneto about two years ago but the stay was cancelled. Her mom has tried a few more times to book us but we've been busy. This time she planned out to December but wanted to do a trial run of one night to see how she did.



As with many of the dogs we see she has separation anxiety; which is fine because one of us is always here anyway. You might find this funny too, that many dogs have nervous poops (runny) within a few minutes of being here. We try to get them out as soon as the parent leaves. She was no exception and I'm sure glad we got her out! Some dogs will just poop in the house; boom..no warning. Luckily those have been solid and easy to pick up. I hope you're not eating breakfast.

She was pretty whiny and paced around. We did get her to play in and out and she slept on the couch. She sleeps with her parents but none of our beds are big enough for her. She only ate some when I put a touch of bacon grease on her food. That is my go-to-fix for a non eater. I tried to walk her but she's too big and strong for me. I think she'll do fine though as long as we can keep her busy. In the winter. In the snow. 


Comments

Grumpy said…
Nothing like a good Monday morning poop story.
chortle, Haven't eaten breakfast
so I'm good to go. :-)
Valerie said…
Loved this, but then I don't have what we call tickle stomach. You have such a way with dogs, i wondered if you felt the same about cats?
kden said…
Val, I love cats! Before we got our own dog I had a mother/daughter duo for 18 and 21 years. I do mostly drop ins for cats as they don't require as much attention.
Mr. Shife said…
If it makes you feel any better, I have nervous poops as well. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails