I Want All The Pins!

I resisted joining Pinterest for several years. I just didn't see what the big deal was and really didn't need another time waster in my life. Little did I know; I really DID! I shared Faith's account just to find rock painting ideas but after awhile wanting to add more boards, I got my own account. Other than rocks, I've been looking at other painting ideas.

These are still rocks, but mounted on a board and it hangs on our front door.


I thought this idea was so cool and unique and was a lot of fun to do. I re purposed an 8x8 pre-printed wrap canvas and covered it well with Gesso first. The tree is done with a hot glue gun, then Gesso again so the paint will stick to the glue. Then gold goes over it all and after that is dry, a watered down black. You wipe away as much black as you want to get an antique look. Add a little green on the tree for a mossy look and you're done. 


Then I wanted to try the hot glue on a rock and came up with this. Tony wants to keep it so it will go on our designated rock table, for awhile anyway. I'm excited to do some more things with hot glue.



I helped my Mom get her own account too which has kicked up her crafting. There are a few times she's been so immersed in Pinterest that she's forgotten her afternoon breathing treatments. Whoops. She was checking out all different African masks and redid an old painted board for her own rendition of one. I think it turned out good. She's working on another mask project made with corrugated cardboard so if she's happy with it, I'll show you.


It's been fun finding new things to do and to challenge myself. We often sit at the table and share different projects. And she pays me for this, ha.

Comments

Valerie said…
Works of art. You are both extremely talented and it's a pleasure to see the latest works.
Grumpy said…
Looks like being artistic runs in the family.
Mr. Shife said…
Looking forward to seeing all of your projects come to life, kden. You are one talented lady.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails