Happy New Year


We're trying to get back to normal a bit. I had a short stay with these two over Christmas. Barky little things but they were cute and not much trouble. Mostly I had a problem getting used to cleaning up potty pads instead of them going outside. I guess it's common with little dogs but I find it so gross. The owner was very happy with my service though, and mailed me $40 with a nice note.


Winnie was picked up on Tue, and she gave me a $50 tip so I just passed it on to The Kid. That dog fell in love with her and she pretty much single-handedly took care of her, so she deserved it.


We had a few days rest so went to a movie one day, and drove around to look at Christmas lights another night. Even though our Christmas was a little messed up, we still had fun.

Last Friday we had this shy girl dropped off. Kuma is a 10 year old Flat Coated Retriever. They usually take her to the lake cabin over the holidays but a grandchild is severely allergic, so they had to find a place to board her. She was shy for maybe an hour, ha. Sometimes owners are so concerned, like their pets will just die without them. She's an all around good dog; well mannered and playful.


We just passed the one year anniversary of Nellie's passing and Kuma was a great way to end a year and bring in the next one.



Comments

Grumpy said…
Happy New Year and continued success with your thriving new business.
We have had fun, and some stress, with four dogs over the holidays.
Mostly they get along fine.... :-)
john bain said…
Happy New Year Kden!
Valerie said…
Oh I wish I still had my dogs. They make a house a home, don't they? Wishing you a Happy New Year and a busy one!
Mr. Shife said…
Happy New Year, kden! Look forward to another year of blogging with you. And glad to hear the doggie daycare business is going well for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Live isn't always best

Still Her Advocate

Exploding Snails