Endings
During my husband's post cath checkup they said he had very few tachycardia episodes during the procedure, so they have decided to just have him continue with a beta blocker and add a cholesterol med to keep his heart healthy. He won't have to go back for an entire year unless he has a problem. That indeed was a good ending to this story.
I have reached the end of my spring weeding, and it's not even May yet. I'm not sure if it's because we had a head start of warm weather or if I was just more on the ball this year. I did it all by myself and it wasn't as bad as in previous years. I'll just keep up with weeding with my 'special tool', as I call it, to make the rest of the year easy peasy. My Mom gave me this tool several years ago. It's like a hoe but instead of pulling forward and filling your shoes with dirt, you just push it along to dig up weeds. Is it possible to have a favorite tool? Now I can look forward to planting our garden.
A sad but not unexpected ending for My Lady. One of her past care workers that I keep in touch with, texted me to say that she was in Hospice care. I originally said I wouldn't be able to get over to see her until this week but decided to go earlier. I went a week ago Saturday morning and she was gone early Sunday. She was awake but fighting the process. She didn't know who I was and wanted her air hose and and covers off. I wish she had recognized me, maybe she would have stayed calmer. I stayed for an hour, doing what I could to make her comfortable. Then I kissed her cheek and said good-bye. She was 11 days shy of her 90th birthday. This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago when I left her to work for my Mom.
I have reached the end of my spring weeding, and it's not even May yet. I'm not sure if it's because we had a head start of warm weather or if I was just more on the ball this year. I did it all by myself and it wasn't as bad as in previous years. I'll just keep up with weeding with my 'special tool', as I call it, to make the rest of the year easy peasy. My Mom gave me this tool several years ago. It's like a hoe but instead of pulling forward and filling your shoes with dirt, you just push it along to dig up weeds. Is it possible to have a favorite tool? Now I can look forward to planting our garden.
A sad but not unexpected ending for My Lady. One of her past care workers that I keep in touch with, texted me to say that she was in Hospice care. I originally said I wouldn't be able to get over to see her until this week but decided to go earlier. I went a week ago Saturday morning and she was gone early Sunday. She was awake but fighting the process. She didn't know who I was and wanted her air hose and and covers off. I wish she had recognized me, maybe she would have stayed calmer. I stayed for an hour, doing what I could to make her comfortable. Then I kissed her cheek and said good-bye. She was 11 days shy of her 90th birthday. This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago when I left her to work for my Mom.
Endings can be happy or sad, but they are necessary to make new beginnings.

Comments
Happy gardening with your new implement. I wish I was still able to do a bit in mine.
I know My Lady caused you a great deal of frustration, but it's still hard to lose someone you spent so much time with.