The Games People Play
I am in so deep with the biggest time sucker ever. My Kindle. It has become my pacifier. I take it with me when I leave the house. When I'm home, it's in my hands. I sleep with it. Well, not with it but I take it to bed with me. Not to bed but on my nightstand where I play the best little app to put me to sleep. It has not been turned off for months. Before I actually go to sleep I sometimes listen to a police scanner and play a game or two of solitaire. I check the free apps everyday and have got most of my games that way.
A friend of mine got me started on Words With Friends. The only thing I knew about it was that it got Alec
Baldwin kicked off a plane. I've played everyday since; losing mostly but it's still fun. Right now I'm playing a nice woman in Texas and my friend in Colorado and a few others. I even got my daughter started; I am a bad mother.
Where my Mom lives, they have free wifi at the office but her house is just a little too far away for me to keep a signal. But one day I found that if I go in her bedroom I can get a good one. So while I was working, I was sneaking in her bedroom to play. Oh God, I think I need an intervention!
More often than not I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap and the Kindle next to me so I can do both while watching TV of course. It's when I'm my happiest and I get twitchy if either is out of my reach for very long.
The weeds are getting taller and my ass is getting wider. But I guess there are worse addictions in life. I could be sitting on a bar stool like my Dad did for years, or 6 feet under like Cory Monteith. At least I'm sitting at home with my family getting my Kindle on.
A friend of mine got me started on Words With Friends. The only thing I knew about it was that it got Alec
Baldwin kicked off a plane. I've played everyday since; losing mostly but it's still fun. Right now I'm playing a nice woman in Texas and my friend in Colorado and a few others. I even got my daughter started; I am a bad mother.
Where my Mom lives, they have free wifi at the office but her house is just a little too far away for me to keep a signal. But one day I found that if I go in her bedroom I can get a good one. So while I was working, I was sneaking in her bedroom to play. Oh God, I think I need an intervention!
More often than not I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap and the Kindle next to me so I can do both while watching TV of course. It's when I'm my happiest and I get twitchy if either is out of my reach for very long.
The weeds are getting taller and my ass is getting wider. But I guess there are worse addictions in life. I could be sitting on a bar stool like my Dad did for years, or 6 feet under like Cory Monteith. At least I'm sitting at home with my family getting my Kindle on.




Comments