The Jury's Still Out
I've only had three Pedicures in my life with mixed reviews still. I just can't quite figure out if I like them or not. I'm sure if you find one business/person you like, then you'd be more likely to stick with it. So I'm going to give you a breakdown of Pros and Cons. Maybe it will help you decide. Maybe it will help me decide.
PROS
I was going to post a picture of the finished product but a long time ago when I was a teenager, someone told me that my feet looked like Maple Bars. So now, that's all I see when I see a picture of my feet, even after my weight loss. So I won't put you through that.
PROS
- Massage chair than you can keep resetting if you want
- The best darn leg and foot massage you will ever have
- Very reasonably priced, around here it's 20 bucks and lasts close to an hour
- Pretty toes, of course
- Using the massage chair too long. When your back is a little thinner, it hurts later in the day and feels bruised so you end up taking Advil for 2 days to get over it.
- Foot massage is too thorough. I must have some arthritis at the base of a toe, because when they work that area, I have to grit my teeth.
- The language barrier. All of the places I've been to are Asian owned. My last Pedi was the first time the girls could carry on a conversation. Most of the time it's just uncomfortable to try and pretend what they're saying. It reminds me of my deaf Grandmother, who would just nod and smile.
- If your feet are sensitive or ticklish, DO NOT GET A PEDI! They take a pumice stone and go on top and inbetween your toes. Then they take a torturous sponge and scrub the bottom of your foot so hard that if you are ticklish, you will be clinging from the lighting.
- Music; some places play this slow Asian elevator music and it makes me so sleepy. I guess that's the idea, to be relaxed, but I'm not crazy about it.
- Some bleeding, if they accidently cut you with their tools.
I was going to post a picture of the finished product but a long time ago when I was a teenager, someone told me that my feet looked like Maple Bars. So now, that's all I see when I see a picture of my feet, even after my weight loss. So I won't put you through that.
Comments