'Splain It To Me Please
Ever since I started my diet last October, the weight loss has been quite easy. I could count on dropping a pound every 4-5 days. Little by little it has slowed some but the last 5 pounds were difficult and now......up and down a pound or two for two weeks before finally losing it.
And I'm pissed!
I Zumba three times a week and exercise at home 3 more times a week. My dietitian said that loss comes slower the more you lose and exercise can increase weight. She typically suggests a cut in calories but since I'm exercising so much, not to do that for awhile. So what the Hell am I supposed to do?
I have cut back a little, just cutting out a few exchanges a day randomly. It's probably not what she would suggest but I feel I'm already sacrificing enough without being told to eat less. I know that I shouldn't value what I have accomplished by numbers on a scale but that's what keeps me going. When I don't see a change day after day after day I get depressed......and what does a depressed person want to do? Eat.
I haven't reached that point yet, to give up, because I have have worked hard to get to this point. I see the changes in my clothes and have a bag sitting by my closet to put my fat clothes in and I don't want to dig them back out again.
So I guess I will just Zumba my brains out and pray for the Scale Gods to give me a break.
And I'm pissed!
I Zumba three times a week and exercise at home 3 more times a week. My dietitian said that loss comes slower the more you lose and exercise can increase weight. She typically suggests a cut in calories but since I'm exercising so much, not to do that for awhile. So what the Hell am I supposed to do?
I have cut back a little, just cutting out a few exchanges a day randomly. It's probably not what she would suggest but I feel I'm already sacrificing enough without being told to eat less. I know that I shouldn't value what I have accomplished by numbers on a scale but that's what keeps me going. When I don't see a change day after day after day I get depressed......and what does a depressed person want to do? Eat.
I haven't reached that point yet, to give up, because I have have worked hard to get to this point. I see the changes in my clothes and have a bag sitting by my closet to put my fat clothes in and I don't want to dig them back out again.
So I guess I will just Zumba my brains out and pray for the Scale Gods to give me a break.

Comments
I would never try it because I just did not feel like I could live without bread.
Oh Grumpy, you flatterer. I'm afraid I have about 30 to go. That's what makes this plateau so hard, I thought I would be a lot farther along by now.