Not Bad

Our new couch was delivered last Thursday, in a huge box. I knew from the reviews that it would have to be put together and my daughter and I could handle it. The hardest part was getting it out of the box. We had to cut down the sides to get our hands under it. The second hardest part was carrying this couch part to its final destination and having to step over Nellie. Would she move and make it easier for us? No, she would rather risk the impending squishing if we dropped in on her.

We tipped it on its side to screw on the legs and then grabbed the back out of the box. Having to line up the metal rails was challenging. When I got my side in, The Kid couldn't line hers up. So she held my side while I did her side. It was a tight fit, which is better than too loose and sloppy.

The whole thing took about 15 minutes, and we were sitting on a new couch. It's a bit firm and has a shorter seat than our old one but since I'm short waisted, it fits fine. I use my recliner  most of the time but I may travel across the room from time to time to have a seat.

I do feel bad about putting it in front of the window. That has been Nellie's spot for 15 1/2 years where she could quietly watch the world go by and alert us to the bad mailman or middle schooler. We tried once to block it when she was younger but she wasn't pleased at all! Since she sleeps most of the time now and doesn't move much from a spot, I figured it was time. So far she doesn't seem to miss her view.


The couch was on sale and with delivery it came to a whopping 270.00. I know you could easily spend much more on something and still find things to not like about it. I say it was a good investment. Not bad, not bad at all.

Comments

Grumpy said…
No, not bad at all. I would need you to put it together for me.
kden said…
No wiring involved; you could do it Grumpy.
Valerie said…
Animals... they do like their own way. The couch looks very comfortable and attractive. I think you got a bargain, you should see our prices!
Mr. Shife said…
Definitely not bad at all. It looks like it's a good fit and glad it didn't take a lot of time to put together. Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings