Endings

During my husband's post cath checkup they said he had very few tachycardia episodes during the procedure, so they have decided to just have him continue with a beta blocker and add a cholesterol med to keep his heart healthy. He won't have to go back for an entire year unless he has a problem. That indeed was a good ending to this story.

I have reached the end of my spring weeding, and it's not even May yet. I'm not sure if it's because we had a head start of warm weather or if I was just more on the ball this year. I did it all by myself and it wasn't as bad as in previous years. I'll just keep up with weeding with my 'special tool', as I call it, to make the rest of the year easy peasy. My Mom gave me this tool several years ago. It's like a hoe but instead of pulling forward and filling your shoes with dirt, you just push it along to dig up weeds. Is it possible to have a favorite tool? Now I can look forward to planting our garden.

A sad but not unexpected ending for My Lady. One of her past care workers that I keep in touch with, texted me to say that she was in Hospice care. I originally said I wouldn't be able to get over to see her until this week but decided to go earlier. I went a week ago Saturday morning and she was gone early Sunday. She was awake but fighting the process. She didn't know who I was and wanted her air hose and and covers off. I wish she had recognized me, maybe she would have stayed calmer. I stayed for an hour, doing what I could to make her comfortable. Then I kissed her cheek and said good-bye. She was 11 days shy of her 90th birthday. This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago when I left her to work for my Mom.


Endings can be happy or sad, but they are necessary to make new beginnings.

Comments

Valerie said…
It is so recent that my husband went into Hospice care that it still looms large in my memory. I hope the old lady went peacefully.

Happy gardening with your new implement. I wish I was still able to do a bit in mine.
Grumpy said…
Good news on the husband front.

I know My Lady caused you a great deal of frustration, but it's still hard to lose someone you spent so much time with.
Mr. Shife said…
Just echoing what Grumpy said. I'm also sitting next to Hayden while I'm blogging and she saw your picture next to My Lady. She told me that you were a doctor and My Lady was your patient. I thought you might get a kick out of that. Take care.
bill said…
You've got a good heart, kid.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........