Recipe

I was looking through some old handwritten recipes of my Grandmothers. They were in a little book and it still had her maiden name on it, and one page was dated 1924. I had an idea for my Mom to use copies of them for a craft project. If she does do it, I'll show you.

Anyway I found this recipe for "How To Preserve A Husband". She didn't write it and I found many references to the recipe online, although couldn't find its origin. Anyway, it gave me a little chuckle.
Can you imagine if young girls read this now?

How To Preserve A Husband

Be careful in your selection. don't choose too young. when selected, give your entire thoughts to preparation for domestic use.

Some wives insist upon keeping them in a pickle, others are constantly getting them into hot water. this may make them sour, hard and sometimes bitter; even poor varieties may be made sweet, tender and good by garnishing with patience, well sweetened with love and seasoned with kisses.

Wrap them in a mantle of charity. keep warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion and serve with peaches and cream.

Thus prepared, they will keep for years.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Hey, get me a beer while you're up.
Valerie said…
LOL They don't rear them like that any more - men or women!
Mr. Shife said…
Nice. I will pass this along to the boss and see what she thinks. I have a feeling she will tell me good with that.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL