Would You Believe.....

....that after suffering through my virus for 2 1/2 weeks, I caught a cold? The day I felt the best, had lots of energy, and got a lot done for my Mom....and by that evening I got a sore throat. Another week and-a-half of that bull I was finally on the mend. My Mom made me stay away again and I told her I was tired of feeling like a Leper. My poor kid was still coughing after 3 weeks and she injured her ribs so I ended up taking her to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't serious. Time and Advil is all that can be done. Enough is enough I say!

....that I got two flat tires within a month? A nail and a screw in two different tires. I haven't had a flat tire in well over 5 years...then BOOM!

....my 84 year old Mom was convinced to buy herself a new iPad? She bought the original one 5
years ago and the browser is crashing and can't be updated anymore. I told her a new one was the only solution. She went with the Air and ordered it online with my help. I brought it home with me so my daughter and I could set it up for her. She's more familiar with Apple products and between us both, got it done. It was a lot of fun to play with and she really loves it. It runs faster with no crashing, and she has the occasional accidental conversation with Suri.

....that I am probably one of the few people in the world that doesn't give a hang about the new Star Wars movie, or any Star Wars movie for that matter?

....that my dental hygienist said I had something called Cracked Tooth Syndrome? Is that a thing? Yes, it's a thing and it made my feel oh so special.

....that I had to fess up about leaving my Mom's sprinkler on for 3 days? I had forgotten all about it until she got her bill and freaked out. She thought she had a leak outside and was wondering who to call. She was getting more anxious and I just had to tell her. One of the more embarrassing moments; having to admit to your Mom that you're an idiot.

....that 2015 is almost over? The year seemed to go by fast, as they always do. We've really loved having our daughter home over break. She just got her Fall quarter grades and made the Dean's list.

I'm wishing all of you a wonderful Holiday season. As usual we will be at my Moms for Christmas Eve. All will be there except my oldest brother and his wife who are spending 3 months in Arizona. As long as my Mom is still up to it, we will gather there.


Comments

Grumpy said…
I believe all of it. I too have never seen any of the Star Wars movies and don't care. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Claire M. King said…
I loved this post! "Would you Believe?" Great, catchy title. Sounds like the hiccups you had worked themselves out.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings