Chuckles

A few weeks ago we had a fun night out at a stand-up comedy show. That's something we've never done all together. Many years ago Hubby and I went to a couple of clubs to see shows but the smoke got to us and we never continued.

I had never heard of Adam Ray before but he's been in a couple of Melissa McCarthy movies and several TV shows. The price was right so all three of us went to see him and 2 other comedians. It was really a fun evening except for the 4 obnoxiously loud drunk people behind us. After the show Adam said he would be out front. Still we were surprised that he had actually beat us to the front door to say goodbye and thanks for coming. I think The Kid looks a little too comfortable in his arms :)


We watch a lot of stand-up at home, from Jeff Dunham to Last Comic Standing. I love the old timers like Pryor, Carlin and Murphy. I used to like Cosby but well.....you know.

I have never told anyone this but I have always wanted to try my hand at stand-up. I love laughing and making people laugh. I have a plethora of material just on my husband alone. He could make me rich! I know clubs and restaurants have open mic all the time, but......  Maybe in my next life I will be brave enough to do all of the things I am too chicken to do in this one.

Comments

Valerie said…
I love to watch stand-up comics, never missed a show. Unfortunately now they're on television far too late for me. Himself and I went to a few live shows, you know the sort that REALLY make you laugh. You should have had a go... maybe a video?
Grumpy said…
Do an open mic night. You'll never know until you do it. Could be a whole new career.
Mr. Shife said…
I have heard of Adam Ray. He's been on a few podcasts that I listen to. A very funny dude. Glad you had a good time with the family. Maybe we can do an open mic together. I have always wanted to try it myself but like you I'm too chicken. Take care, kden.
D. Duplessis said…
What the hell, give it a go! What's the worst that can happen, people will either laugh with you, or laugh at you...either way it's win-win, right? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........

Meet Benny