No Problem

I've noticed this for many years and it still bugs the crap out of me. When dealing with someone in the customer service field, whether it be a waiter, cashier, or anyone that provides you a service, they very often have the same answer when you say 'Thank You'.

"No Problem!" they say enthusiastically like I may have actually considered their help to be a burden to them and they are re-assuring me it's not. It makes me feel that my 'Thank You' is unimportant to them when I truly mean it.

A new one I got the other day is "No Worries". What the Hell does that mean? What happened to just a simple "You're Welcome"?

I neither have a problem or am worried about the service you provide for me; it is your job. But I also believe in thanking anyone that provides me that service. So please do me a favor and acknowledge that I know you work hard and I am sincerely thanking you for that. Don't give me a flip, 'No Problem' or 'No Worries'.

Thank You!

Comments

Grumpy said…
I'm with you, but we're swimming against the tide. I think it's a generational thing.
Valerie said…
It'sa worldwide thing. I am always complaining about the incessant 'no problem's' that come my way, especially the waiters and waitresses who serve meals. I almost stopped saying thank you because I knew what the response would be.
Claire M. King said…
I deal with this issue from a supervisor's viewpoint and my staff maintaining professionalism. I do hear them say "no problem" quite a bit. It's hard one to retrain out of 'em.
Claire M. King said…
I deal with this issue from a supervisor's viewpoint and my staff maintaining professionalism. I do hear them say "no problem" quite a bit. It's hard one to retrain out of 'em.

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........

Meet Benny