Where's Your Certification Lady?

My Mom has a very nice neighbor who was kind enough to help her out after she got home from the hospital when I couldn't be there as much. She would bring in her mail and come in to check on her. I met her once and later Mom said that Susan told her she didn't think I liked her. I had an appointment to go to, and was in a hurry to get my work done and didn't have time to sit around and chat.

When Mom told her that I was leaving My Lady to come and work for her, Susan asked her, "Is she certified?"

My Mom said "NO, she's not certified, she doesn't need to be. She's a Mother and a Daughter!"

"Well doesn't she want to go back to school to be certified?"

"No, she doesn't."

If I was working through Mom's long term insurance company to care for her (which she doesn't qualify for yet), then yes, I would have to be certified. Same as if I worked for a service or the state. But if you are receiving private pay you do not need to be. Believe me, I have checked on this many times.

Although it did irritate me, I also found it funny and felt like I should ask her some of these questions:

Hey Susan, do I need to be certified to buy groceries, water the lawn, scrub toilets, do laundry, change sheets, and vacuum? My brother mows the lawn and treats the weeds, does he need to be certified? My husband does other yard work such as trimming and weeding, should he be certified too????? We could be a double certified family!! We could hang matching certifications on our wall for all to see.


She used to work for an attorney so she is probably still in that mode of thinking. But frankly Dear, it's none of your damn business.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Seriously? Certification to help your own Mother? Some people are just stupid.
redhorse said…
I'm sure she's looking into the legalities too, and will put a stop to your plans if she can. I don't know what's wrong with people these days.
Mr. Shife said…
Yes people do need to mind their own business. Jeez. I do like your fancy certificate. =) Have a nice weekend, kden.
Valerie said…
Hi kden. I keep seeing you around the blogs and thought it about time I visited. I can't believe the need for so much certification! However, I had to smile because here in the UK to be certified means we're mad enough for a mental home.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

Meet Benny