Date With Another Man

After my brother and I got into our fight a few weeks ago, I felt bad. I know he didn't mean what he said anymore than I did. We both had a lot to vent and got it out of our systems.

That evening I messaged him and asked if he would like to have lunch sometime, just me and him. It's been at least 30 years that we spent any time alone. We're usually with family and it's hard to spend time with any one person.

We're going to be working closely together in the near future in regards to our Mom so I thought I should reach out and not let things fester or misunderstandings continue.

He jumped on the invitation and we met halfway at a little bistro. It was a little awkward I must admit. I felt like I was 16 again when he was teaching me to drive. Big brothers can be kind of intimidating sometimes. Over our lifetime he's been mean and he's been nice. But we're both adults now and it's time to start acting like it.

We did just general chit chat during lunch, then he looked at me and asked if I was alright. He apologized again and I accepted it. We talked about the work ahead of us when the time comes but now that we've got our mutual meldowns out of the way I think we'll be able to work together pretty well.

Mom is doing better in regards to her bronchitis but now she's got a raging case of Vertigo. Her doctor doesn't want to give her anything for it since she lives alone and any meds would knock her out. She has neighbors to check on her, nurses come in during the week, and I call her everyday and see her more often. She doesn't have her strength back because she doesn't feel good enough to do the physical therapy when they come in. Once the Vertigo goes away I think she'll do better but for now she's pretty miserable.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Since future cooperation is necessary it's probably best to iron out your differences now.
Mr. Shife said…
Glad you and your brother were able to work things out for the time being and lunch went well. Hope your mother gets better soon. Vertigo doesn't sound pleasant at any age. Take care, kden.

Popular posts from this blog

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL

Oh Shred

Got Nuthin'