How Did He Pull That One Off?

Ever since my 'Bama Boy' neighbor got arrested last summer and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after a road range incident, I have been waiting for his court date. If you know where to go, you can search the court system. You can only see dockets or court summaries, not the actual court records.

I watched for over 10 months as his date was moved back and back again. I suppose that's a normal thing in the court system. But when I saw the last trial date for Feb 2nd, I kept watching for it to be moved back again. As it got closer the date never changed and it was almost like waiting for Christmas!

But 2 business days before the trial date the last entry was "Order Of Dismissal Of Total Charges". How in the heck does that work? He pulls a knife on someone and then gets all charges dropped? I felt like the puppy I had asked for on Christmas morning had been killed.

Last Fall he and my Husband were talking and he told him about it. Maybe not as much as we already knew but he told him. He also said he was going to AA and was making a list on his own of the people that he had done wrong to, and was going to apologize to each and every one of them. He said I was on that list and would be hearing from him. Either that list is VERY long or he just decided to skip over me. I haven't heard from him and doubt that I ever will.

I guess I'm just going to have to find someone else to obsess over; he's just no fun anymore.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Based on his past, I would steer clear of this guy.
fernvalley01 said…
If he calls don't answer, his apology would be for him not you
Mr. Shife said…
There are a few people in my life where I wonder the same thing and how the heck do they get away with the stuff. Hopefully he has got his act in order. It also does sound like it's best if you and him never cross paths again. Take care kden.
Claire M. King said…
Geezers. It probably was dismissed because they mandated AA, rehab, and/or anger management therapy and gave him a list of TO DO's in order to be on the road to recovery. If he is abiding by them...get out of jail free card. I know this from experiences with X #1 and three DUI's he earned.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL