Old Keys Reborn

Several months ago I saw a picture on FB of a new craft involving old keys. I'm always looking for new and different things and thought this was something I could do. You take old keys and add old costume jewelry and a chain and you've got a necklace. I found some old keys but didn't have any jewelry so I ordered a big assorted box from eBay. Oh my, what fun going through all of them. I took the box to my Moms and we spent hours pawing through it.

I set up a card table in the Kid's room to keep the mess off of the dining room table. Yes that worked but many days I have trouble just going in there so I'm not really creating as much as I would like. It's fun finding the jewelry to glue on the key but the hard part is finding the right sized jump rings or bails and then a chain. I've already run out of chain that came with the box of goodies, so had to buy some. They have used ball chain but I haven't looked into that yet. I don't want this turning into a big expensive project. It's just something that is supposed to keep me busy.


It's been awhile since I worked with anything so tiny. It makes my eyes and fingers hurt and then turns into something not very fun. So this is all I have so far. One I'm keeping for myself (which I used the key from my childhood home in Odessa) and one will be for the Kid for Christmas. The rest? I have no idea what I will do with them. I feel I bit off more than I can chew and hope I feel like creating more soon. Otherwise I'm going to have a big box of crap to sell on eBay.
This one's mine!

Comments

Grumpy said…
That's pretty cool. I bet those would sell at local street or art fairs.
Peruby said…
Very, very pretty. What a great idea.
Claire M. King said…
I love these. Funny, I have more old jewelry than keys. Do they sell boxes of keys on ebay? I suppose thrift stores may have some. Hmmm...cute idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........