I'm Either Losing It Or.......

.........some ghosties are messing with me. I've had three incidents in the past week that are making me question my sanity; well more than usual anyway.

A few months ago I had bought my Mom a present for her birthday. Since it was a few months away yet I just put it on the floor in the corner. There's a certain spot I keep all the stuff I need to take to her so I know exactly where to find them. It was time to wrap it recently and I had found a cool piece of burlap to wrap it in. I put the burlap on the stove and then went to grab the bag with the present in it. Gone. Not there. I looked everywhere and asked everyone who lives here. I was beyond pissed after all that searching and decided to just skip it and look for it later. I went to the kitchen to put the burlap away and there was the bag I had been searching high and low for. For the life of me I don't know how it got there, no recollection at all of me putting it there.

Then the other night while I was fixing dinner, I had just about finished my favorite seasoning salt and wanted to add it to the new bottle I knew I bought four days prior. I looked in the spice cupboard more than once and another cupboard more than twice. I was spinning around the kitchen like a wild woman and was just about to ask my hubby if he knew where I might have put it. I started to grab something off the stove and there it was just sitting there...mocking me. I can't believe I would have let it sit on the stove for 4 days and not remember it was there or be able to see it the first time around.

And then.....one night I had something in the toaster oven outside and I grabbed my oven mitt out of the drawer to take it outside. I got distracted for a second but then couldn't find the mitt and I knew I took it out of the drawer. A few minutes later, where did I find it? Yep, on the stove.

So what is it with the stove? Maybe it's just the convenient place to put things.....or there's that ghost theory. Either way, if I ever can't find something, the stove is the FIRST place I'm going to look.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Welcome to the club. I once walked around the house looking for my cell phone; the whole time I was talking on it.
Mr. Shife said…
Sounds like your stove is a magic portal. Maybe start putting some money around it and see if some other money magically appears. Have a good one, kden.
Claire M. King said…
Sounds more like you have a lot on your mind. I search for stuff, look right at it and still don't see it.
fernvalley01 said…
weird! I had a similar "run around the house searching so something right in front of me "yesterday, so maybe we both have ghosts lol

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........