Stealing Movies

When our daughter left for college, my Stepson's Fiance let her have her log in information for HBO and Netflix to keep her busy when she's not doing homework. And of course I asked the kid to pass it on to me so I could watch movies on my Kindle. There's nothing better than waking up early on weekends and sitting in my chair with a cup of coffee and a soft blanket while watching movies before anyone else gets up. Some of the ones I remember are:

Hitchcock-The back story during the filming of Psycho. The movie almost didn't make it to the big screen, and if it wasn't for his wife pushing him on, despite him being a very difficult person to be married to, we may not have had the pleasure of being terrified to shower.

Grey Gardens-This one was the most interesting. Big and Little Edie played superbly by Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. They were Mother/Daughter and Aunt/Cousin to Jackie Onassis. They were rich socialites but ended up living together in squalor in their mansion (Grey Gardens) as they got older. Their life was documented in 1973 by the Maysles brothers and that was written into the movie. I'd love to see this one again and want to get the documentary too.

Closer-This one was just weird, I didn't like it at all. I expected a better movie with Julia Roberts. Boy meets girl. Boy meets other girl and leaves first girl. Other girl meets guy which was first girl's guy too, and now they all know each other. It got so confusing I didn't know who was with who at the end.

Garden State-A 2004 movie written, directed, and staring Zach Braff from Scrubs. I read on Wiki that this is from his own life. If that's true I can see why he went into comedy.

The Sitter-Sort of amusing but a lot of  F bombs. It killed some time.

Magic Mike-What's not to like? But really, there is a story behind all the skin.

Extremely loud and incredibly close-Great movie about a little boy in search of something after his Dad died in 9-11. He didn't find what he was looking for but made a lot of friends in the process and eventually found what he needed.

Now I just hope the Fiance doesn't break up with my Stepson, I'd hate to lose my ill gotten movies.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Hey, I could use that password. I won't tell anyone else, I promise.
Peruby said…
I am going to see if I can find the Grey Gardens movie. Not seen it.

I don't have Netflix.

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Merry

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL

Oh Shred