Win Some Lose Some

Our summer bucket list is moving along, some things are better than others.

We've seen quite a few movies so far, more than we ever have in a summer. We go to either a theater or catch up with ones we've always wanted to see on RedBox.

Black light mini-golf is fun, especially when you wear white clothes. But don't do it if your claustrophobic, it can tend to make you feel closed in and a little panicky.

We took a trip to a gun club to try some trap shooting but apparently I don't know how to decipher a web site. It said that new shooters should come when an instructor is available. But apparently they meant, call and make an appointment because instructors are not always working. It would have been nice to know that bit of info before we drove 45 minutes to get there. And although they only charge 6 bucks per round of shooting, the website fails to say what they tack on for renting of gun, goggles, and the price of the shot gun shells. Oh, and the instructor charges 20 bucks per person. I guess it was a good thing we didn't shoot because it would have been darn expensive. So instead we drove on to Coeur d' Alene to walk the boardwalk on the lake. My other two family units enjoyed it but I've done it enough times it was kind of boring. I get bored easily and it takes a lot to excite me. They make fun of me for that.

"What did you think of that Kden?"

"Oh, it was OK." is usually my pat answer.

Recently we finally made it to Carr's One Of A Kind In The World Museum. It's only open for two hours on the weekends, so it's hard to catch him on the phone. I tried for almost a month before they answered. How can I explain this place? An eclectic mish mosh menagerie comes to mind. Some things were really cool like cars of Elvis Presley, Jackie Gleason, and a '79 Lincoln Versaille. The old guy, Mr. Carr gives a full tour and lets you sit in the cars. There were beautiful carvings of bronze, rare wood and ivory. One that that was kind of disturbing but still interesting were mounted heads of animals you would normally not see such as a wart hog, wilderbeast, and a 16 foot giraffe.

I'd say half of the place was interesting and entertaining but the other half was just collected crap. Who needs about a dozen stuffed squirrels posed in all sorts of ways and driving scooters? But the old guy is sweet and you can tell that he really loves his collections.

1946 Chrysler

Same Chrysler with Elvis's car in the foreground, Gleason's car in the background

Mr. Giraffe

Wall of Wilderness

One of the oldest typewriters in the world. We've come a long way!
I didn't take a lot of pictures, daughter took more. Her and hubby really enjoyed it. For me it was 'OK'. After his tour I would have liked to be left alone to look around some more. He shows you large pieces and highlights, but you miss so much of the smaller stuff.

Ok, so things aren't off to a bang but we've got two months left. Next stop, Leavenworth!

Comments

Grumpy said…
You're going to tour a military prison?

That guy's collection looks interesting; I too would want time to look at all the stuff.
kden said…
I usually get than question when people don't know about the OTHER Leavenworth :-)
bill said…
It looks interesting to me too. At least you got out together as a family.
Grumpy said…
Did you know that the rest of Germany considers the Bavarians to be their equivalent of rednecks?
kden said…
No I didn't know that. Great, now that's all I'm going to think of everywhere I go...
Grumpy said…
I thought that tied in nicely with your trip to Leavenworth.
Aries said…
Wow the type writer is way too old. It doesn't even have numbers. The animals head on the wall looks scary to me. Wouldn't want one of those on my wall for sure. Imagine when you walk pass felt like it stares right back at you. Happy blogging to you and hope you have a great weekend
Mr. Shife said…
Enjoy your summer, kden. Sounds like it is going to be OK. =)
Claire M. King said…
Haven't been to Leavenworth for years. That is a trip worth taking in the winter if roads allow-but who knows when they will or won't? Keep having fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........