Summer Bucket List

All good things must come to an end. This year the Mozzarella family will not be taking their annual vacation. It's been a good run, 17 years with maybe one missed in that time. It's something we save and plan for the day after we get back from the latest one.

But with finances up in the air--not knowing what financial aid will cover for college; we had to put our tax refund in savings for that reason.

Come on, let's get the show on the road

Got license?

I can't walk or crawl, so I'm just gonna sit here
Most of our vacations were spent at the beach, either in Washington or Oregon. Our Daughter's first time was at the age of 10 months. We have a lot of photo albums full of pictures and hearts full of great memories. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. In time she'll be making memories with different people in her life and our trips together will be a distant memory.

We will be taking one long weekend in Leavenworth, a closer-to-home favorite spot. We'll leave Nellie with her favorite doggy sitter so we won't have to split up to babysit her. We've also decided to do one thing at least every weekend that we've either never done or have done before and liked enough to do it again. We might even get to do some things during the week as she won't have any summer homework as like the last few years.

Some ideas on our list:
Hiking/Photography either local or day trips
More movies
Go to restaurants we've never been to
Skeet/Trap shooting
Fort Spokane
Carr's One of a Kind in the World Museum

Hubby and the kid are going to go camping just on the edge of town. Other than going with her brothers once to Mt. Rainier, she has never been camping. I do not camp. I did it when I was a kid and didn't especially like it so I'll leave it to them.

We did start early with a few things just because the timing/weather was right. Recently we went to a Roller Derby Tourney downtown. Why? I'm not sure, we just thought it sounded like fun. It was OK, certainly nothing like what I used to watch on TV years ago. And since we don't know the rules it's rather confusing. And sitting in bleachers just about did me in, can't do that again in this lifetime. But it got us out and we had lunch downtown which we haven't done in a long time.

We also took a day trip to Palouse Falls, a beautiful 198 foot waterfall basically in the middle of nowhere. We were going to leave Nellie with my Mom but she hasn't been feeling good this week so we just took her with us. She likes car rides and we put the bench seat down to she can lie down. She had a pretty good time and slept well that night. You can see the pictures here.

It should be a good summer full of fun; we've got a few more memories to make before she heads off to college.



Comments

Grumpy said…
Everything takes a back seat to getting that kid through college. You'll be happy you made the sacrifice.
Claire M. King said…
I loved your post kden. You and hubby seem to have done a great job with the dtr. I think it's great you are making a conscious effort to grab more quality time with her. She's lucky.
Nice links to the other sites! Nice pics!
bill said…
That's a good list, Kaden girl. You guys seem to have a lot of fun, going and doing on weekends. When I first saw your blog this morning, I thought you were going to say you wanted to have another baby. I was all prepared to say maybe you ought to think twice about that. Enjoyed your pictures.
kden said…
Oh God no Bill, one was enough for me! People probably thought I was nuts for having her at age 36. That's why I want to get out and do things while I still can:)
Mr. Shife said…
Hope you guys make a lot of fun memories and have a great time. Look forward to hearing about them all and seeing the pics. Take care kden.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings