Granny and Baby and Big Brother's Moving

*My Mom is doing so much better. It took about 2 weeks after she got home before she started to finally feel/act like her old self. At first I was worried because she became so obsessed with her blood pressure readings. She was very weak and lightheaded and her readings were very low. And then she was pretty convinced that she was still bleeding and had fears that she would have to go back to the hospital and she'd never come back home again. She even called a frenemy that she hasn't spoke to in a long time to ask if she would come over and take her blood pressure. I would email my brothers almost frantic; "she is acting so strange."

But with continued blood testing which was holding and her doctor telling her to not take her bp meds for awhile and only take her bp ONCE a day, she's really turned a corner. It was a pretty frightening experience and even though we have had our difficulties, this is the first time I really felt like we were losing her. I feel blessed we got another chance. She said she's starting to forget about her time in the hospital and I told her that was probably a good thing.

*After I decorated the little onesies for my Step-son and his wife I mailed them out early so they would be there in plenty of time for the baby's arrival. The package arrived at their house on the same day the baby himself arrived. During a routine 38 week check-up she told them the baby was not moving much so testing found her amniotic fluid very low and decided to induce her. I'm sure it was very stressful for them both but baby is healthy and still a big boy. They've known it was a boy for months but still didn't have a name picked out. Although they sent us a picture and email that morning and called in the evening, it took them 6 days to inform us of his name, and that's only because hubby finally called and asked. Really? You can't bother to tell your own family the name of your kid?

*Earlier in that same week we found out that the other son is moving to the other side of the state to be with his fiance. He got a job as a prosecutor and will have more opportunity to move up. She is also a prosecutor and it was easier for him to find a job over there, than it would be for her to move here. Last weekend he left and we only knew because his fiance posted it on FB. He didn't even bother to call and say goodbye.  Daughter was upset when she saw it and added her two cents worth to the status. I don't care about me but not to call your own Dad or Sister to say goodbye really bites and is unexcuseable. He had time for work parties but couldn't take 5 minutes to call his family. With his mom still in assisted living here, he will probably be back about once a month. Not that he'll let us know he's in town or want to get together but he'll probably be around.

So lots of changes still going on around here....


Hi kden. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

Glad to hear your Mum is doing better.

And kids eh! Even grown up ones who ought to know better.
Mr. Shife said…
Great news about your Mom. Glad to hear she is doing much better, and congrats on the new addition to the family. Take care of yourself and have a great weekend.
Claire M. King said…
I am so glad your mom is feeling of herself again. Remember, this was a trauma for her and your family, so 100% normality may be a long time coming.
I am so sorry the kids seem to be so inconsiderate. Really? It makes me feel bad for you, hubby and Faith. Hang in there because bearing children does "change" you and often forces people to grow up fast.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

March Doings

Thrifty Vacationers