Now I'm So Scared, I Could Just Wet Myself!!

Have you ever wanted something so bad and then when you get it, it scares the crap out of you? That's what I'm feeling now, scared of my upcoming trip. My Mom likens it to being pregnant. When all you think about is having a baby and then when you find out you are pregnant you go "Oh My God, what have I done?"

I feel like I've just stepped on a carnival ride and the bar has come down and there's no way offa dat ride!

Some of the things I'm thinking about:

What if I get so sick from either the prop plane or the boat that I can't eat crab or have any fun.

What if I act like a star struck goofball and make a fool of myself?

What if I whack myself in the face with a hook; it happens!

What if I get a Vertigo attack and end up sitting in the hotel room for 2 days.

What if the other guys going with us are real jerks? (Although I am the winner of the contest, employees of either Henry's or MillerCoors have their own incentive travel winners, so we will not be alone in this journey. Two of them are traveling with us)

What if I go beyond my one beer self-imposed limit and make a fool of myself?

What if I drop my camera in the water; it happens!

What if the plane misses the runway in Dutch? I mean look at this thing. Hill on one side, ocean on another and both ends of the runway drop off into open water. It's the most challenging runway in the state. Doesn't that conjure up warm fuzzy feelings?

And do you see where I'm going? In another time zone with no cell or wifi service. See that tiny little chain of Aleutian Islands? About half-way to the end you'll see Unalaska. Holy Crap What Have I Done?!

I'm also worried that my daughter will be alone from 8:30 pm until my husband gets home at 1:30 am--for three nights. Although she's old enough to stay home alone, she never has been that late at night. There's nobody for her to call; Brother's in China, Grandma's too old, Uncles are too far away. Neighbors are too old or useless. Daddy would be too far away and well I'm no help at all.




So I guess this is the part where you all tell me that I'm going to be fine and have the best time of my life and it will be an experience I will never forget. SAY IT, JUST SAY IT!!

Comments

Grumpy said…
You're going to be fine. You're going to have the best time of your life. It will be an experience you will never forget.

STOP IT! Have two beers and be the life of the party.
Hey kden, sounds like you are in for a fun trip. I wish I was going, I have always wanted to visit, where is it? Oh yeah, Alaska.
I have heard that planes don't often crash there. So you should be OK.
If there is no way of communicating with the rest of the world, we are going to have to wait until you get back to find out how it went.Which is a good thing, because it means you got back safely.
Just make sure you enjoy yourself, otherwise all the stress will be for nothing.
I hope these few caring words have set your mind at rest.
bill said…
Hey, buck up. It'll be a fun filled trip, one you'll remember always. I've been on down the chain to Adak Island and there's nothing to it. Just close your eyes and scream.
Anonymous said…
Take a deep breath - this is the trip of a lifetime for you. It was meant to be, remember? You will have a wonderful time. And think of this: you will be showing your daughter that to truly experience life, you have to sometimes step out of your comfort zone. I bet when you get back, you will wonder why you spent so much time worrying!
Peruby said…
LOL! You are a nervous Nelly, aren't you.

Your daughter will be fine. She will grow up a little bit.

Give these guys something to remember you by. Live it up!
D. Duplessis said…
You're gonna have so much fun (I live in Alaska for 17 years, and you're definitely going to the best places the state has to offer)!

So get over yourself :-) and remember the words of Winston Churchill...

"Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."

...because you've got a fun trip coming up!

Claire King said…
"No amount of worry can solve any problem."-Godwin Delali Adadzie
Plan for the trip, know you are prepared and stop worrying. Enjoy!
Mr. Shife said…
What happens if you just have a good time? I know it is hard to feel like it because I am a lot like you and just think about what could go wrong but it will be alright. Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL

Oh Shred

Got Nuthin'