A Bunch Of Hayseeds

I consider myself a fairly smart person, kinda sorta; but a piece of mail we got recently sure made us feel stupid.

We took a different route on the way home from vacation, one we'd never used before. Hubby's relative told us that she thought it might be a toll bridge so we were ready for it. We kept seeing signs for it but I guess it's been such a long time that we've been through any kind of a toll, we were past it before we knew it. Many years ago in town we used to have a toll bridge. One dime, that's all it took. Slow down and throw it in the cage and be on your way. So in my mind, this is what I was looking for.

"We have plenty of change, I wonder how much it is?"

"Well I sure don't see anything yet, how do you know where to go?"

"Why are those cars going into those lanes over there?"

"Why are others just going straight, and not turning out?"

"Well, I'm going straight."

"That was weird, where in the heck was the toll bridge?"

"Hmm, well I guess we don't have to pay then!"



I swear I didn't see those signs above. We drove our merry way all the way home not even knowing that we had been grabbed by the electronic toller and we recieved our bill in the mail about 10 days later. Our names, license plate number, date and time all on a nice little bill for $6.00 for crossing the bridge.

I think we were just schooled by a toll bridge that we didn't even know we were on.





Comments

bill said…
I'll bet that happens all too often. I dislike toll roads even though you can sometimes drive faster. I often try to avoid them but sometime that's hard to do.
Grumpy said…
It is unusual to see toll lanes marked as an exit. Somewhat confusing. Still, you have to wonder when 3 of you missed it. Blame it on vacation fatigue.
Peruby said…
LOL! Ha, ha ha ha! That is something I would do!
D. Duplessis said…
Big Brother is watching ya...and sending you the bill for the privilege. Technology is getting scarier by the minute.
Mr. Shife said…
I have not been on a toll road or bridge in a long time so I would have done the same thing. Kinda scary about the technology they use to make our lives easier. Have a good one.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........